The Drowning Girls
A Canadian Drama by Beth Graham, Charlie Tomlinson, Daniela Vlaskalic
Director: Joan Burrows
Producer: Steve Hetherington
Performance Dates: January 28 – February 13, 2016
AUDITIONS by appointment
To be held at the Theatre – 400 Newkirk Road, Richmond Hill
Sunday, November 22nd 7pm – 9:30pm
Monday, November 23rd 7pm – 9:30pm
Callbacks Tuesday, November 24th 7pm – 9:30pm
Synopsis: Three drowned Victorian brides emerge from their bathtubs to gather evidence against their murderous, bigamist husband. Both a fantasy and a social criticism of the misconceptions of love, marriage and the happily ever after.
Bessie – born Aug. 24, 1879; married 3 weeks; dead July 13, 1912; age 33.
Alice – born Dec. 1, 1887; married 6 weeks; dead Dec. 12, 1913; age 26.
Margaret – born April 17, 1876; married 1 day; dead Dec. 18, 1914; age 38.
Please note: Women reading for the roles must read the play and be aware of the uncomfortable physicality of the performance – approximately 90 minutes with no interval and constantly performing in wet costumes!
Rehearsals: Rehearsal schedule will be set after casting; generally 2 nights a week and Sunday afternoons. Mandatory technical rehearsals for ALL cast & crew during the weeks of Jan 17th and 24th.
• Please read the script before signing up for an audition.
• Auditions will consist of an interview, memorized monologue (producer will advise you of this) and reading scenes.
• The main characters, Bessie, Alice and Margaret, will not be played with accents. However, the many other characters (male & female) they create can be enhanced with accents from the British Isles.
• This production will be adjudicated for the ACT-CO Festival on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016.
• To obtain a copy of the script please contact the Producer. There is a $20 deposit, which is returnable upon return of the script in good condition.
Contact Info (email preferred):
Steve Hetherington, Producer firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-518-0681
The Curtain Club is a non-profit, non-equity community theatre group. If you are cast in a show you must become a member of The Curtain Club. Membership fees are $10.00 for the season and are due no later than the first rehearsal.